As a UX Designer – I focus on creating efficient and intuitive workflows that satisfy the needs of project management, development, the user and myself. To do this I create wireframes, mockups and prototypes through iterative design. I will write detailed design specifications and adjust designs based on my analysis of the user needs, user feedback and business requirements.
As a UX Researcher – I focus on gathering meaningful data to understand all aspects of the problem and/or design I have been presented with. To do this I create test scripts for usability studies based around wireframes or prototypes. I may also meet one on one with a user for an interview or in a larger focus group.
My Master’s thesis utilized a user experience research protocol to analyze differences in perceptions of facial emotion between stylized and realistic animated characters.
March 2017 – present
- User experience designer providing leadership on designs for users reporting to the SEC and other regulatory bodies as well as transitioning from previous products to our revitalized, next generation products.
- Utilizes lean design and agile methods to discover problems, validate designs, iterate rapidly and build a holistic experience.
- Leverages a design pattern library to ensure consistency and focuses on user advocacy.
August 2013- February 2017
- Lead designer
- Writes design specifications
- Collaborates with development, design team, and project management
- Creates sketches, wireframes, prototypes
- Moderates and interprets results of usability studies
- Reviews and satisfies regulatory requirements
Intergy PM and EHR v10.0
- Integration with Greenway Patient Portal, Secure and Direct messaging
- Engage 2015 user conference- UX spokeswoman and in person usability testing
Intergy PM and EHR v9.30
- Obstetrics and RxHub Formulary Enhancements
- Creation of UDS reporting manual
Intergy PM and EHR v9.20
- User Acceptance Training – Presenter
- Electronic Prescribing of Controlled substances third party UI integration
- Task System redesign for improved usability and enhancements
Prime Mobile v0
- Creation of new interaction model for Prime Mobile – Usability testing
- Engage 2014 user conference – UX spokeswoman, in person usability testing
Graduate Assistant, Purdue University
Office of the Vice President for Ethics and Compliance
January 2012- July 2013
- Designed certificates, advertisements, logos and other material
- Designed content for the “Title IX at 40: Looking Back, Moving Forward” convention
- Updated and created content for main, sexual assault, and Title IX websites
- Researched and benchmarked peer institution’s policies
Computer Graphics Technology
Master of Science – July, 2013
Graphic design; Creative Writing
Bachelor of Arts – May, 2010
Wireframing, Usability Testing, Personas, Use Cases, Qual./Quant. Research, Surveys, Interviews, Focus Groups, Prototyping, Sketching, Interaction Design, Storyboards, Agile/Scrum, Lean Design
Balsamiq, Sketch, Axure, Morae, Qualtrics, Adobe Creative Suite